WELCOME TO TEACHER CPD & TRAINING
- "Fundamental to the school's partnership work is the drive to improve the quality of education for all young people. So, for example, the SCITT provides high quality training and development programmes for teachers and learning support staff from the pre-service training of primary and secondary phase teachers, to growing and nurturing the quality of future and current school leaders through the extensive leadership programme, including Executive leadership."
- Challenge Partners Review, 2016
George Spencer Teaching School has a strong and well established reputation for delivering quality CPD. Support, personalisation and professional challenge feature strongly in our offer. Our CPD offer is evidence-informed and designed to support embedded and sustained change in the practice of all those who access it. Many of our Alliance schools, and other strategic partners such as Nottingham University and Nottingham Trent University, play a key role in the design and delivery of our CPD.
Our offer includes:
- Pre-ITT programmes such as Future Teaching Scholars and Internships
- Primary and secondary Initial Teacher Training through our well established SCITT
- NQT and RQT programmes and ongoing support for former trainees
- Coaching and mentoring programmes
- Subject specialist programmes such as those run through our Maths Hub (East Midlands West), through our Stimulating Physics Network as an Institute of Physics lead school, our non-specialist maths and physics programmes, Teach Meets
- Support staff programmes such as our Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme (OTAP) and Science technician seminar
- Teaching and learning programmes such as our Improving Teacher Programme, Outstanding Teacher Programme and Teacher Communities of Practice (TCPs)
- Developing existing and emerging leaders through our Leadership Pathways programmes and subject and phase specific leadership networks, and as a licensee for the delivery of NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH