Teacher Educator Programmes
Programmes for 2019-2020
The George Spencer Teaching School Alliance is pleased to offer the following Teacher Educator Programmes for 2019-2020. Develop self-awareness and deepen reflection in our settings to nurture a powerful learning environment.
Teacher Educator Programme Level 1: Effective Mentoring and Coaching
This introductory programme to mentoring and coaching is aimed at new and aspiring mentors and coaches. The modules are tailor-made for colleagues working in school settings.
- What is Mentoring?
- The Mentor-Mentee Relationship
- Mentoring Skills
- Setting SMART Targets
- An Introduction to Coaching
- Coaching Skills Review
- An Introduction to Giving Feedback
- 16/09/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 07/10/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 04/11/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
Teacher Educator Programme Level 2: Advanced Mentoring and Coaching
This advanced programme to mentoring and coaching is aimed at those with significant experience of mentoring and coaching colleagues through their career development.
- An Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Remaining Neutral
- Re-Scripting Feedback
- Managing Poor Performance
- Holding Difficult Conversations
- Workplace Coaching: The How
- Workplace Coaching: The Practise
- Workplace Coaching: The Plan
- Workplace Coaching: The Record
- 11/11/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 26/11/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
- 09/12/19 - 16:00 - 18:00 George Spencer Academy
The courses are highly recommended for NQT, SCITT, School Direct and PGCE mentors but are also suitable for any colleagues involved in or interested in developing a mentoring or coaching role in school.
- FREE, for coaches and mentors working on the NQT, SCITT, Future Teaching Scholars and Leadership Pathways programmes within the Spencer Academy Trust and Teaching School Alliance (TSA).
- £30 for all other George Spencer TSA Members and Spencer Academies Trust schools, for all three sessions.
- £50 for non-members for all three sessions.
- Click here to download a flyer.
- To book a place, please sign up here
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org