National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
NPQML is aimed at individuals with responsibility for leading a team. It is designed to support participants in becoming highly effective middle leaders with the skills, confidence and knowledge to drive successful team performance and improved classroom practice. Leadership does not happen by chance and alongside the quality of teaching and learning it is the single biggest factor in the success of a school and the life chances of the young people in their care. Participants complete two essential modules and one elective module over a 12 month period.
Why do your NPQML at George Spencer Academy?
- We are a well-established Leadership Development Training provider and Teaching School
- Exceptionally high completion and pass rates
- Outstanding leaders from primary, secondary and special schools, have jointly designed and will co-deliver this course
- Our range of high quality and diverse placement schools
- Opportunities for 30 M credits towards a Masters level qualification with the University of Nottingham*
- High quality support through to your final assessment
- Flexible options that take account of your differing phases, contexts and personal development needs
- Some of our elective modules are only available through GSA
- Easily accessible training venue
*For further details of the University of Nottingham MA click here
What participants are saying:
- "The course has been great, but I have especially enjoyed working with you and Victoria. I have felt challenged and really pushed, so thank you for everything. My new job is the result of the positive impact the course, my school mentor and yourselves have had on my professional development. I hope our paths cross again soon."
- Yvette Hail (Ashfield School)
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the NPQML course. The course content, final assessment and networking opportunities enabled me to develop my understanding of leadership and employ this successfully within a pastoral setting in school."
- Richard Wall (Ashfield School)
- "Interesting and informative course. It has made me a better HOD ( I think ). The networking and the hearing of stories/good practice from other schools was very useful as well."
- "Positive and honest comments from course tutors. Really helped me on my journey to becoming an Achievement Leader/Head of Year. The course was very thorough and had lots of practical elements that helped me to apply my theoretical knowledge into relevant situations. Good networking tool also."
- "The course was as I expected – the support was fabulous, the days informative and lots of new practise learned."
- "The course helped me gain new strategies but also boosted my confidence in those areas where I already was showing competence."
What Schools are saying:
- "The NPQML course inspired our aspiring middle leaders to evaluate their leadership styles and how they responded to their teams. The projects developed their skills and also brought to the forefront of the school key developments, such as the role of homework. A valuable course that the participants and the school gain a lot from."
- Nicky Hillyard, Assistant Head Teacher (Ashfield School)"
- "Wow! After just the induction day, my colleague came back to say, "Everyone needs to go on that one day, as I can now see where the HT is coming from!" She is using this opportunity to grow into a stronger middle leader. She has taken on the role of Numeracy Subject Leader since January 2014, and is using the course to develop the subject as well as her own skills. She is proactive about coming to ask for help but since beginning the course, is giving her ideas too. This is excellent. An aspect that has seen a huge improvement is in the way she is dealing with difficult parents. I believe NPQML is giving her the self-belief about her skills. She is able to tackle challenging issues with much more confidence."
- Saroj Bell, Headteacher (Richard Wakefield C.E. (VC) Primary School)
The Cost of the NPQML course is £900. Scholarships are no longer available from NCTL, however we are offering a subsidy of £150 for small schools. A small school is classed as having 210 or less NOR as identified by Edubase at the time of application. Discounts are available for multiple bookings including bookings made through Academy Trusts.
For a limtied time only there is a Targeted Scholarship of £400 available for eligable candiadates. Please see the Targeted Scholarship Flyer and the Targeted Scholarship Form below. The closing date for applications for the Targeted Scholarship is 16th September 2016.
For more information or to book onto the course, please see below.
Closing date for booking is Friday 23rd September 2016
NPQML Induction Day will take place on Thursday 6th October 2016
To book onto this course, please complete the Initial Booking Form and email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org