The NPQH is the first choice qualification for anyone aspiring to be a Headteacher or Principal. Although the requirement to have it has been removed, all our leadership teams and their Governing Bodies remain committed to a professional approach to the development of leadership expertise at all levels. Leadership doesn't happen by chance and alongside the quality of teaching and learning it is the single biggest factor in the success of a school and the life chances of the young people in their care.
Why do your NPQH at George Spencer Academy?
- We are a well-established Leadership Development training provider and Teaching School.
- Exceptionally high completion and pass rates.
- Outstanding leaders from primary, secondary and special schools, have jointly designed and will co-deliver this course.
- Our range of high-quality and diverse placement schools.
- Opportunities for 60 M credits towards a Masters level qualification with the University of Nottingham*
- High quality support through to your final assessment.
- Flexible options that take account of your differing phases contexts and personal development needs.
- Some of our elective modules are only available through GSA.
- Easily accessible training value.
* For further details of the University of Nottingham's MA click here
What current participants are saying:
- "The team at GSA have tailored their delivery to suit my needs as acting head. The F2F days offer great opportunities to network and develop the feeling we are all in this together." - Matt Downes, Headteacher (St Johns C of E Primary School)
- "Great to be able to access current knowledge and learn within a supportive environment." - Daniel Farthing, Head of School, Bulwell St Mary's Primary School)
- "Each F2F day I leave with greater confidence in my abilities to be an excellent leader." - Stephanie Astle, Nursery Manager and ICT coordinator, Larklands Infant and Nursery School)
- "Pastoral support invaluable' 'The course changes your mind set so you start thinking as a head and believe you will achieve your goal." - Karon Widdowson, Senior Teacher (Stubbin Wood, LA service for SEN – primary mainstream)
- "One of the great things that I have found about the new NPQH qualification is that it puts you in the mind-set of a head teacher...... The way the course is structured makes it possible for you to reflect on your current practices as well as looking at the strategic management of a school or academy from a more holistic view. The course materials and resources are first class and make you think deeply about your responsibility as a new Head Teacher on all stakeholders of your organisation. The support from George Spencer Academy has been great. The team there are always on hand to offer support whether that's to do with organising your placement school or completing some of the on line tasks. The face to face days are well planned and I always leave knowing that I have gained from the day in some way." - Mr D O Evans, Assistant Head Teacher (Lincoln Castle Academy)
- "I have found the NPQH programme to be excellent. The materials provided are a tremendous resource in helping to reflect on best practice as a school leader and the support and guidance offered via GSA throughout the programme has been hugely beneficial and greatly appreciated. I would recommend the programme without reservation to anyone who would like to find out more about themselves and their potential to become an outstanding school leader." - Sean Keogh, Deputy Head (Becket Catholic Secondary School)
- "I gained a lot from the course and my placement school. Having previously done leading from the middle and leadership pathways, I found the course at George Spencer the best run, most challenging and fun." - Liz Runcorn, Vice Principal (Anglesey Primary Academy)
- "I would like to say how much I have enjoyed the past 14 months on the course despite the challenges of juggling studying with the 'day job' and two very active young boys. Looking back, whilst I felt it was the next step for me, being honest, my heart was still very much in being in the classroom - I certainly don't think I could have gone into a first headship without the experience. However, coming out of the other end (so to speak), I find myself viewing situations, generating ideas and considering problems quite differently - I'm really excited about the prospect of a first headship." - Alex Clark (Heanor Gate Science College, NPQH)
NPQH Course Cost = £1,950
- View/download additional information for this course
- George Spencer Academy Course Flier
- Initial Booking form for this course
To book onto this course, please contact: email@example.com
To be assured of your place on the NPQH course, you must first successfully pass the Gateway Assessment. At this point we confirm your booking.
We run events to support prospective applicants complete their application forms.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What did participants say about these events:
- "The delivery by very approachable and knowledge providers! Thank you."
- "Good to have staff to talk to, to discuss each aspect of the application form and put this stage in context."
- "Chance to discuss the examples in my application.... the overview of whole process."
- "Detailed support through each section of application and opportunity to look at other applications."
- "Thank you for running the workshop about how to fill the application in early this year. It worked! I have also passed the interview day and now I have been told I need a provider. Since I really enjoyed working with your team on the NPQSL I would like to do the NPQH with yourselves."