TEACHING & LEARNING
We can offer a range of specific tailor-made teaching and learning programmes designed to deepen knowledge; enhance creativity and innovation, improve student engagement and to secure good to outstanding lessons and improved attainment.
- A strong approach to delivering effective whole school CPD including career progression, observations, small group work, innovations and creativity as well as sharing next practice.
- Subject specific CPD INSET days for teaching and support staff such as New Technologies, Visible assessment and Visible Progress.
- Subject specialism workshops delivered by Specialist Leaders in Education (SLE's) or as part of Maths Hub funding. See our flyers regarding Subject Specific Networks for those who are in charge of a subject area here.
- Bespoke programmes such as Learning to Learn or Behaviour for Learning which can be delivered via INSET or through smaller CPD sessions.
- Teaching and Learning Communities (TLCs).
- Routes into teaching why not immerse yourself in a school for a week. We offer three "Thinking of Teaching" weeks during the academic year to those interested in entering teaching. See our Teacher Training website for more details here.
We can offer places for your staff to attend our CPD sessions and if you would like more information on any of the above, please contact email@example.com
L2L Learning to Learn Programme aimed at Years 7 & 8
We have developed a bespoke "Learning to Learn" (L2L) programme which is student-focused and designed to help students become more successful, confident and responsible. Our programme runs over two years and is delivered for one hour a week by our Learning Managers (Form Tutors).
It is based on the following principles:
- How learning works
- How to maximise learning
- How to manage yourself
- How to collaborate and participate
- How to be creative and enterprising
- How to be an independent enquirer
We can host a visit or we can train your staff on the fundamentals behind developing an L2L programme and building more powerful learners. If you want to find out more about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching & Learning Communities (TLC's) aimed at All Teachers
Setting up a TLC programme offers an alternative approach to delivering in school CPD. They may be targeted on a particular school strategy such as Assessment for Learning or any other area where you want to ensure it is embedded and sustainable across whole school. TLCs are usually planned over a period of two years, based on a number of small cross curricular groups and delivered via a number of planned twilight sessions. They are delivered by middle leaders and are for all teaching staff, but are particularly effective for NQTs, RQTs and new staff.
The principle behind the TLC approach is to allow teaching colleagues to share their best practice, learn from each other and try out new things and provide a mechanism for supported challenge. They offer the opportunity for teachers to reflect on their practice, evaluate their own new learning and grow in confidence.
If you would like us to help you to develop a TLC model in your school, please contact: email@example.com
Curriculum Design & Timetabling
"The School has developed a distinctive and innovative curriculum which is highly successful", Ofsted April 2010.
We can support you in reviewing your curriculum or help you design a curriculum that maximises student achievement, including:
- Advanced level courses in Year 11
- A two year Key Stage 3 programme
- A range of guided pathways for all students
- Alternative provision
All of which leads to high levels of student motivation that promotes outstanding progress.
We can offer support to help you with your timetabling and show you ways in which to make this more efficient and appropriate for the needs of your school. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Challenge Day programme is based on a programme of whole school activities designed to inspire and motivate students creativity, innovation and presentation skills. We have been running Challenge Days for many years and it is an integral part of our curriculum time. Some of our Challenge Day activities are used to support qualifications such as Wider Key Skills.
To find out how we can help your school develop your own unique Challenge Day programme, please contact: email@example.com