OUTSTANDING TEACHING ASSISTANT PROGRAMME
Who is this course aimed at?
This programme is for teaching assistants who are, or who have the potential to be outstanding in their roles. It is intended to develop the potential for TAs to have a wider impact on improving the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
The OTAP enables Teaching Assistants to:
- Place a greater emphasis on the prupose and value of the lessons they support.
- Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning.
- Use different methods and styles of support to challenged learners.
- Innovate and take risks.
- Have a bigger impact on the planning and assessment for the learners they support.
- Demonstrate a higher level understanding of teaching and learning.
- Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance.
What will it do?
The programme will focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning. There are facillitated practical sessions with linked practical tasks back in the participents own school to apply what they learn.
The key ingredient is the opportunity to share previous experience, existing expertise and new learning with colleague in a safe, supportive and challenging environment. Participents will feel inspired and motivated to take their learning back into their schools, to make an immediate impact in their own practice, with the pupils they support, their SEN colleagues and the wider teaching staff.
What people are saying:
- "Sharing good practice with others has been inspirational. Thanks George Spencer."
- "So easy to apply to our real jobs. Every week has made me change my practice. Would absolutely recommend to all."
- "The Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme encourages self-reflection and the sharing of best practice in an open forum."
NEW DATES COMING SOON.
If you would like to book places on either programme, please download and complete the attached booking form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your place is not final until we receive your completed form, and confirm back to you.