Welcome to the Maths Hub
East Midlands West
Welcome to Maths Hubs East Midlands West, led by George Spencer Academy. We are working with our strategic partners to make Every Child a Mathematician. Our vision is to transform maths education in our region so that all our children are excited about and committed to becoming mathematicians, contributing to their own as well as regional and national prosperity. We will support our learning community to make this a sustainable reality.
Maths Hub East Midlands West was successfully launched in November 2014 with an innovative and varied programme of workshops and events for Foundation, Primary and Secondary maths teachers, FE lecturers and curriculum leaders. To date our workshops and professional network events have proved to be a valuable and welcome addition to teachers' personal development plans and have had an immediate and positive impact on their teaching practice.
Every half term a new programme of sessions is published and distributed to our partners. Click here for the latest programme of events and training...
More About Us
- Our Strategic Partners
- What We're Doing
- Hub Documents
- Candleby Lane Teaching School Alliance
- Derby Teaching School Alliance
- Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trent Valley Teaching School Alliance
- Lincolnshire Teaching School Alliance
- Nottingham Trent University
- The University of Nottingham
- Derbyshire Local Authority
- Derbyshire Partnership for Learning TSA
- 4Derbyshire Alliance led by Synergy Teaching School
- Further Maths Support Programme
Further CPD Opportunities
Further Opportunities in the East Midlands through our Strategic Partners:
Maths Hub Events
Contacts & Links
- Senior Lead - Mary-Alice Lloyd: email@example.com
- Maths Lead - Matilde Warden: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator - Charlotte Malik: email@example.com
- Follow the Maths Hub on Twitter
- For more information visit our Maths Hub website
- For all our events information, visit the Maths Hub Calendar
- Click to download our flyer
- Click here to view our latest newsletter
- Click here to view the Maths Hub Spring 2015 video
- View more videos produced by NCETM
What our participants have said:
- "Two of our teachers recently attended training in Mathematics at George Spencer. They were very impressed with the training, so thank you very much."
- Karen Rainford, Acting Deputy Head (Round Hill Primary School)
- "It was a fantastic day."
- "Very engaging with lots of practical ideas."
- "Everything was explained superbly and the whole day was active."
- "Seeing different strategies and the resources that can be used."
- "The cross phase involvement of secondary teachers to see the progression/teaching in the next year groups."
- "Identifying barriers to learning was very informative."
- "Time and space to work and share ideas with colleagues from across a range of schools."
- "Enthusiastic presenter. Met objectives. Activities to use in the classroom to enhance reasoning practical activities."