Subject Specific - MFL
This network is facilitated by a Faculty Leader, Phil Ince, and meets termly or more frequently if required. It provides a strong and supportive learning community for Modern Foreign Languages Leaders, with a focus on best and next practice locally and nationally. School improvement; teacher development and pupil outcomes will be the focus of the group with activities being tailored to meet the specific needs of the participants.
Modern Foreign Languages Review
A review of modern foreign languages teaching practice in key stage 3 and key stage 4.
Modern foreign languages are an important part of young people’s education and yet, currently, the statistics on GCSE and A Level entry and achievement in languages are a matter of serious concern, as evidenced in this report. We hope that this report on the principles of curriculum planning and effective teaching of languages will contribute to a significant improvement in provision and achievement.
- Teachers Evaluating Your Language Course
- Evaluating Modern Language Teaching - Senior Leaders
- MFL Pedagogy Review Report
MFL SLN Meeting - Download a Flyer
- To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org
What participants said about this event:
- "It was a chance to have dialogue with KS3 teachers, also other KS2 teachers and share experiences.”
- "It was a chance to look at new materials and discuss what is going on in the Primary Languages in the schools supported by GSA."
- "I have gathered meaningful ideas for resources we can produce in our department based on the literature examples shown, or similar ones."