In Year 9 students build on skills gained in Year 7 and 8 along with learning new techniques required for their GCSE course in Textiles Technology. Lessons are structured to gain knowledge and practice of skills preparing them for future design and make tasks.
What is involved?
- Good working practice - time plans and work schedules.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM.
In Year 9 students develop their communication and creative thinking skills, in preparation for completing their GCSE coursework in Year 10. Student's work on a range of focused based practical tasks that include:
- Skills based portfolio of decorative and construction techniques.
- Children's jacket product.
- Children's toy product – wall hanging/cube/book.