In Year 9 students begin their GCSE course in Food Preparation and Nutrition. Lessons are structured through a range of short "Design and Make" practical projects and theory lessons which cover all aspects of the examination.
What is involved?
- Knowledge and skills needed to cover specification of examination.
- Increased awareness of the importance of health, hygiene and safety.
- Use a larger range of equipment and materials to the best of their advantage.
- Develop student's understanding of the designing of recipes within product development.
- Develop student's ICT skills through the use of the digital camera, nutritional analysis programmes and a variety of sites on the Internet.
- Promote an enjoyment and understanding of food.
Students begin studying towards their GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition at George Spencer Academy following the AQA Specification. Details of which can be found by clicking here