How is PE taught?
PE is taught in 'Single Sex Lessons'.
Sports & activities covered:
Students may study the following physical activities:
- Autumn/Spring Terms: Gymnastics, Dance, Health Related Fitness (Rowing, Aerobics, Outdoor Training, Circuit Training), Netball, Football, Basketball, Badminton, Rugby, Volleyball.
- Summer Term: Athletics, Rounder's, Cricket, Softball and Tennis.
- Plan, perform and lead a warm up for themselves and others in a variety of sports and activities.
- Develop, broaden and apply their range of skills and tactics in each sport or activity they participate in.
- Demonstrate their greater understanding of the associated rules and tactics in each sport.
- Have a greater knowledge and understanding of key terminology and aspects of sports and activities so that they can further evaluate performances.
Students will be assessed through:
- Their practical performance.
- Their ability to evaluate their own and others performances.
- Their knowledge and understanding of rules/tactics.
- Their ability to plan sequences, choreography and effectively adapt their performance both tactically and technically in order to outwit opponents.
- Indoor activities – Black shorts, white T-shirts, black socks and trainers.
- Outdoor activities –Black shorts, white T-shirt, black socks, rugby tops/red jumpers, trainers/boots.
- Other possible kit – Plain black tracksuit bottoms, gum shield, shin pads, hair bobbles.