How is PE taught?
PE is taught in two groups: 'Single Sex' and 'Mixed Sex Lessons'.
Sports & activities covered:
Students may study the following physical activities:
- Autumn/Spring Terms: Gymnastics, Dance, Health Related Fitness, Netball, Football, Basketball, Badminton, Rugby.
- Summer Term: Athletics, Rounder's, Cricket, Softball and Tennis.
- Understand the need to warm up before taking part in physical activity.
- Practise and perform a range of basic skills related to each sport.
- Learn associated rules and understand simple tactics of each sport.
- Begin to evaluate their own performance and the performances of others.
Students will be assessed through:
- Their practical performance.
- Their ability to evaluate their own and others performances.
- Their knowledge and understanding of rules/tactics.
- Their ability to plan sequences and choreography.
- Indoor activities – Black shorts, white T-shirts, black socks and trainers.
- Outdoor activities –Black shorts, white T-shirt, black socks, rugby tops/red jumpers, trainers/boots.
- Other possible kit – Plain black tracksuit bottoms, gum shield, shin pads, hair bobbles.